If you scroll to the top of the page, you can see from the screenshot that Time-Based and Auto-Load hotspots can be modified as you place the hotspot.
The steps are:
1. Select “Hotspot” from the bottom of the Authoring window.
2. Before changing the location, expand the “Transition Options” from Hotspot Property
3. For a time-based hotspot, select the starting time it should appear. Because we allow for precise timing, you’ll put in the number of milliseconds before it appears. (1 second = 1,000 milliseconds, so do 1000x how many seconds you’d like prior to its appearance)
4. Make sure the Hotspot icon end time you enter is greater than start time, otherwise the hotspot won’t appear.
5. Use “Play Automatically Start” option, if you’d like the hotspot media file to trigger automatically & Use “Play Automatically End” option, if you’d like the hotspot media file to disappear automatically.
6. Make sure the Hotspot media file end time you enter is greater than start time, otherwise the hotspot media file won’t trigger.
There are mainly two types of functions for the same:
- Automatically display and hide the Hotspot icon (As shown in the image below)
a) Use start time makes the icon visible after set amount of time.
b) Use stop time makes the icon visible after set amount of time.
(NOTE : The time is calculated based on the time that VR content is opened. Make sure to keep End time higher than Start time.
The time is shown in MilliSeconds. 1000 ms=1 second. Selecting Start time and Not selecting end time will display the icon at particular amount of time but won't end it)
- Automatically Display and hide the Image/Video added in Hotspot (Even without being triggered)
a) Use Play Automatically Start will start the Image/Video automatically after set amount of time.
b) Use Play Automatically End will make the Image/Video to automatically disappear after set amount of time.
(Enabling Use play automatically start and not enabling Use Play automatically end will keep the Image/Video open until closed manually)
Note: Auto-play hotspots on mobile WebVR are disabled. If you want to use that feature, please package your VR experience into a Native VR application.