What is this?
This feature is used for fixing following issues.
- Marker such as Link, Hotspot, Action are much closer than 360 stereo content.
- Marker such as Link, Hotspot, Action are far than 360 stereo content (penetrated?).
- Marker such as Link, Hotspot, Action has double effect / blur in 360 stereo content.
Why does this need?
Human has two eyes, and each eye see world slightly differently. (* You can understand it by observing pencil in front of the head with closing different eye. World offset left or right slightly based on distance from eye)
Human brain recognizes 3D distance by using these 2 slightly different view.
360 3D stereo contents contains 360 image for left eye and right eye to let human brain recognize 3D distance.
Each marker such as link, hotspot and action also need to have proper difference between left and right eye.
The "Depth Offset" option let you tweak offset between left and right eye per marker.
Related Article: https://instavr.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360007864394
How do I use?
1) Web: Open the project that have 360 3D stereo image or video with link/hotspot/action in web's authoring console.
2) VR Device: Install latest previewer. Launch and login with your InstaVR credential
3) VR Device: Select the project in previewer's project list. You'll see link/hotspot/action on 360 3D stereo.
4) Web: Select one of the link/hotspot/action. Tweak Stereo 3D Options > Depth Offset little bit like 10-15.
5) VR Device: Press back button to go back to project list. Re-select the project in previewer's project list. You'll see the link/hotspot/action will be displayed closer than before. You can adjust depth offset perfectly by using depth offset.